Updating garmin nuvi 250w maps
After over three years, Garmin has updated its flagship GPS navigation computer with a new edition – the Edge 1030.
This new large-screen style unit features a longer battery life along with a new external battery pack option.
If you found the post useful, feel free to hit up the links at the bottom – I appreciate it.
Let’s dive right into things with what’s new on the Edge 1030.
– New Garmin Connect Mobile Course Creator: You’ll see improvements here in conjunction with the new Garmin Connect Mobile (GCM) that allows route creation more easily from the phone.
– New Garmin Connect Mobile Workout Creator: As part of the new GCM release, you can now create structured workouts on the phone (finally! – Rider to Rider Messaging: You can send/receive canned messages to other Edge 1030 users in your friends list.
– New External Battery Pack Option: You can now attach a secondary battery pack to the bottom using a locking mechanism.
– Longer battery life: Claimed at up to 20 hours internally, and then you can stack on another 24 hours with the battery pack.
Points can be used on your very next purchase at Clever Training for anything site-wide. By joining, you not only support the site (and all the work I do here) – but you also get to enjoy the significant partnership benefits that are just for DC Rainmaker readers.– Real-time Strava Segment listings: The unit will now use your phone to show you actual Strava segments nearby as you ride along (not just pre-loaded ones), along with real-time data on those segments.– New Strava Routes Connect IQ App (pre-loaded): This app allows you to pull your saved Strava Routes directly to your Edge 1030 (this will be released for all Edge Connect IQ compatible units).In any case, in usual DCR style, bulleted list here we come:– Totally revamped main user dashboard: This is pretty apparent from pretty much any photo you see here.
– New First Beat Recovery and Training Status metrics: We saw these introduced on FR935/Fenix 5 earlier this year, they mirror the same here.
– Training Peaks & Best Bike Split Connect IQ apps pre-loaded: These will automatically be on your unit to begin with. – Updated Workout Functionality: Software now lets you restart a structured workout step, such as if outside and stuck at a red light.